How To Resolve Knee Problems
This advanced workshop focuses on knee pain and how it connects to the rest of the body through the trunk. Basic anatomical, kinesiology and biomechanics will be discussed related to the knee. The concept of muscle stabilizer and mobilizer functions related to the lower extremity will be explored. Science and practical application on how to resolve movement dysfunctions associated with knee pain will be discussed and practiced. This workshop is complemented by the Foundations ebook
The Workshop Attendant will
- Understand the anatomical components of the lower extremity structure and function.
- Be able to describe how our knee functions.
- Understand the different kind of knee injuries.
- Be able to explain and understand the link between knee pain and the trunk.
- Understand how knee pain affects neuromuscular control.
- Understand how the different healing phases affect the knee.
- Be able to describe and understand how to manage clients with a history of knee pain.
- Understand the importance of the knee local and global stabilizers as well as mobilizers.
- Learn the relationship between knee stability and movement.
- Be able to understand and describe the relationship between the quadriceps muscles and the lumbo-pelvic stabilizers.
- Understands why and how corrective and modified exercises affect the knee.
- Be able to identify and understand the KI progressive exercise model and how it applies to the lower extremity.
- Be able to demonstrate all corrective and modified exercises associated with knee pain.